The European Brewery Convention (EBC) ist the scientific and technical arm of The Brewers of Europe.
EBC organises a symposium on a specialist topic every two years. Recently, these have included the 2008 Symposium on Environmental Sustainability (Stratford upon Avon, UK) and the 2010 Hop Symposium (Wolnzach, Germany).
The organising committee of the 2012 EBC Symposium "From Chiller to Filler" is composed as follows:
- John M. Brauer, EBC Executive Officer, The Brewers of Europe, Brussels
- Niels Hald, Secretary General of Bryggeriforeningen (Danish Brewers Association)
- Dr. Stefan Kreisz, Director Liquid Innovation, Carlsberg, Copenhagen
- Axel G. Kristiansen, Director of the Scandinavian School of Brewing, Copenhagen
- Dr. Carsten Zufall, Gerente Corporativo de Tecnología e Innovación, Cervecería Polar, Caracas, Venezuela